Working in children's ministry means that our summers are BUSY...times 100!!! Somehow I feel like that is an understatement for this summer. Basically it consisted of camps and VBS. All of it was so much fun and worth every moment of it!
We enjoyed our summer. It was great to not be on meds and be free from doctors appointments. We were even able to get away for a fun vacation with some friends! We also started Weight Watchers online together. It's been great to be able to exercise and eat healthy! Both of us feel so much better (no indigestion, sleeping better, more energy, etc...) As of today, Kelly has lost 17 pounds and I have lost 12 pounds. Last week I started back on my tutoring/piano schedule. It's great to be back into a routine and to see my kids again!!! :)
So where are we now with IVF?
We thought we were going to start meds in July, but the timing of Dr. Dunaway's vacation and our schedule for the summer didn't work out. I think that was for the better. We needed a moment to breath!!!
We had an appointment last week to get back into the swing of things. Here's where we stand:
Basically, the transfer should be around the 11th of September - if all goes as planned. :)
Another interesting thing that Dr. Dunaway has decided to use is an Embryo Glue. Basically they will soak our Embryo (currently frozen) in Hyaluronan which will help the baby to implant once it's transferred. They have seen an increase in success in using this recently and there are no dangers in using it.
I was considering not doing the blog thing again, but I do (and have had) a few friends ask about it. I am having a hard time asking for prayer AGAIN... I struggle with the "selfishness" of our wanting children, but we have prayed for a long time for this opportunity and God has certainly provided the way. I constantly have to remind myself that He is preparing us for something so much greater. My prayer is that we would use this to grow His Kingdom and be a witness to His kindness and goodness. God is certainly working in our lives to bring Him closer to Him. This process causes us have to be very protective of our time and energy. Please pray that those in our lives would be sympathetic to what we are doing and how fragile this time is for us.
We enjoyed our summer. It was great to not be on meds and be free from doctors appointments. We were even able to get away for a fun vacation with some friends! We also started Weight Watchers online together. It's been great to be able to exercise and eat healthy! Both of us feel so much better (no indigestion, sleeping better, more energy, etc...) As of today, Kelly has lost 17 pounds and I have lost 12 pounds. Last week I started back on my tutoring/piano schedule. It's great to be back into a routine and to see my kids again!!! :)
So where are we now with IVF?
We thought we were going to start meds in July, but the timing of Dr. Dunaway's vacation and our schedule for the summer didn't work out. I think that was for the better. We needed a moment to breath!!!
We had an appointment last week to get back into the swing of things. Here's where we stand:
- Monday the 13th, I had my USI and Bloodwork - everything was clear.
- Friday the 17th, started my Lupron injection on Friday
- If everything goes okay this week, I'll start 2 more injections, a patch and a pill this Saturday (25th).
Basically, the transfer should be around the 11th of September - if all goes as planned. :)
Another interesting thing that Dr. Dunaway has decided to use is an Embryo Glue. Basically they will soak our Embryo (currently frozen) in Hyaluronan which will help the baby to implant once it's transferred. They have seen an increase in success in using this recently and there are no dangers in using it.
I was considering not doing the blog thing again, but I do (and have had) a few friends ask about it. I am having a hard time asking for prayer AGAIN... I struggle with the "selfishness" of our wanting children, but we have prayed for a long time for this opportunity and God has certainly provided the way. I constantly have to remind myself that He is preparing us for something so much greater. My prayer is that we would use this to grow His Kingdom and be a witness to His kindness and goodness. God is certainly working in our lives to bring Him closer to Him. This process causes us have to be very protective of our time and energy. Please pray that those in our lives would be sympathetic to what we are doing and how fragile this time is for us.
Comments