Skip to main content

The Unbearable Lightness of Being... and Shots!

Today was day 3 of Stim Meds. It went much smoother than day 1 and 2! It was good to have had plenty of practice with the Lupron for the past few weeks, to take some of the anxiety away. Here is a pic of my lovely collection of meds...
Day 1 was just funny. The meds have to be given between 4 and 6 - so I worked all morning and then we ran errands to keep our minds off of the thought - otherwise we probably would have made ourselves sick reading blogs and watching videos. We got him just around 4:30 and pulled out the instruction video that the doctor office gave us - it was completely in spanish and 30 minutes long. Luckily earlier in the week I had seen another (fast) video in English on YouTube (from a clinic)... So we just used that and it has been simple to give. It just made us laugh. a lot. I had trouble with a stupid air bubble in the menopur, but once medicine started shooting out of the needle, I freaked out (1. this stuff is expensive and 2. it was almost 6) and just stuck it in me with the air bubble. I called Heidi (my sis, the nurse) and found out that I would not be dying of an air bubble. phew.
Shout out to Heidi - she knows nothing about IVF but she's learning and has really helped me by coaching me through these injections. I can't tell you how much I love and appreciate her - for much more than her nursing abilities. :)

Day 2 was FRUSTRATING!!! We invited Kel's mom and dad over for dinner and they called to say they were on their way at about 3:50. So we rushed to get everything together, trying to be finished with the injections before they arrived. As soon as I had given the Lupron, they pulled into the driveway. Not a big deal, but we shouldn't have been in such a rush. When I was mixing the menopur - I took the qcap (needle that mixes the meds) off too early and placed the needle on - the needle was too small to pull the medicine through - I spent 30 minutes trying to force it into the syringe. Two small needles (one bent) later, I did it... and injected. As soon as I injected it, I realized that I should have kept the qcap on. Thankfully, I didn't have any air bubble issues!!!

Day 3 - we just finished! There is no story to tell, which is the story. It's an anti story. I wish I had something to say, but it went too smoothly - only took 20 minutes and so far so good.

I am beginning to bruise, which is normal... it's really not so bad - just don't want to run out of places to give injections! The only other side effect I've had is headaches. They are only at night and are borderline tolerable. I have had to take imitrex to at least get some rest. That has been frustrating b/c I don't like taking meds!!!

Please keep us in your prayers. Tomorrow morning is my lab work & ultrasound. They will be checking to see the size and how many follicles my ovary is producing. We really aren't sure they will be able to see my ovary b/c of the placement. So pray that they will be able to see the follicles!!! Pray that everything goes well and we can stay on this road to retrieval! Pray that we will trust in God and not worry!!!

I noticed the other day that my retrieval could be on my mom's birthday, February 13. That would be so neat. She would be so excited and supportive of us. I just know it.

During the Lord's supper today, I was convicted of my sin of worrying. I had to ask God to help me to not worry and to rely on Him more. No matter what they tell us tomorrow, I have to know that it is only what God has ordained and to more fully trust in Him.

Kel opened worship today with this scripture and I wanted to share it with you.


“For who is God, but the LORD? 
   And who is a rock, except our God? 
33 This God is my strong refuge 
   and has made my[a] way blameless.[b] 
34 He made my feet like the feet of a deer 
   and set me secure on the heights. 
35 He trains my hands for war, 
   so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 
36 You have given me the shield of your salvation, 
   and your gentleness made me great."
2 Samuel 22:32-36






Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Surgery Update- 2 weeks

Hello!!! I have wanted to update the blog, but I haven't had the energy. It's been much easier to let Kelly send updates via e-mail and for me to make quick updates on Facebook, and then sleep for 3 or 4 hours. For those who aren't up to date, click here , for an overview of how this all began. For those of you who know how it all began, click here , for an update on why I had the surgery a second time. I recommend reading these 2 post before reading anymore, or else you might be a bit confused!!! A s f o r t h e s u r g e r y , i t w e n t w e l l . T h e t u m o r w a s l a r g e r t h a n e x p e c t e d a n d b o n e h a d b e g u n t o g r o w i n s i d e m y s p i n e . T h e y h a d t o c u t t h a t b o n e o u t, s o t h e s u r g e r y lasted close to 6 hours. The difference in the tumor from last time is that this time, the tumor was smaller, but in a more critical area. When he showed us the MRI, the way the tumor was positione...

A Week of Injections... and Frustrations

My IVF nurse called Monday to let me know that I needed to start my Lupron injection. So I had the joy of giving myself my very first injection. It wasn't bad at all. I didn't even feel the needle. I was so nervous, I watched multiple videos, read blogs and so did Kelly - as he is "the back up plan" - if for some reason I couldn't do it. Well... there we were standing in the kitchen with everything sterilized and ready. I grabbed the fat on my thigh and Kelly says, "Oh! My Dad and the boys are here" (they were bringing me banana pudding) so I said, "it's now or never" and I did it without flinching! I was so excited to have done that and it be no big deal... until about 20 minutes later when I began to vomit. So began a pretty long night. I already had a lot of pain from the surgery and then vomiting did not make it any more comfortable. I wasn't able to eat anything but crackers for dinner (not a bad thing for my diet!) The rest of ...

2008 Chickfila Bowl

It was the best of times.... It was the worst of times.... LSU did not have particularly have the best of seasons ( the worst of times ), but we had the opportunity to watch LSU play in the Chickfila Bowl ( best of times ). It was a good game. The End. Oh yeah, here are some pics from the best of times :) enjoy. Other than the Chickfila Bowl, we were able to enjoy staying in Buckhead, which is a great area to visit. There was a Container Store right by our hotel, which made me VERY happy. We also went to the Jim Henson and Olympic Exhibits at The Atlanta History Center as well as the World of Coca Cola in downtown Atlanta. We enjoyed some great food at The Rock Bottom Brewery and The Cheesecake Factory. On New Year's Day, we headed to visit Ben and Kristie Hogue's "practice" bed and breakfast in Rome, GA. (history note: Rome, GA is named Rome because the town is surrounded by 7 hills just like Rome, Italy). We had a wonderful time catching up, reminiscing, and playing...