Praise God!!!
That is the first thing I said when my bladder function began to return this weekend!!! This has been a big deal for the past 3 weeks!!!
God is good and we are are so thankful for his kindness to us.
Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since surgery. I just wanted to do a little blog on a few people that we are thankful for. I have made great progress and I'm thankful that God has provided us with such great caregivers:
- I'm Thankful for our Church. We have been overwhelmed by the love and grace, prayers and cooking abilities of Pear Orchard. We have both gained weight! I was really looking forward to LOSING WEIGHT after this surgery! HA! I honestly think that I have had daily contact with at least one member of Pear Orchard since the day of my surgery.
- I am thankful for my sister, Heidi, who is a nurse for Gilbert's Home Health (now Geniva). She has made sure that I have gotten the best care!!! :)
- I'm thankful for my physical therapist who comes twice a week. She WEARS me out... I really think she could be the next Jillian Micheals. :)
- I'm thankful for my Occupational Therapist as she has helped me learn how to be more independent in things like, dressing, bathing, and this week... COOKING!!?!?!?!? She has taught me these things around the fact that I'm still on a walker and use a grabber. I might do a blog on "the grabber". It's rather fun.
- I'm thankful for Kelly's mom. She has been here 2 of the 3 weeks. She has helped SO much by helping us with laundry, dishes, cooking, and just good company. We watched almost all 3 seasons of Arrested Development. I really enjoyed the company and the help that she provided for us. I'm thankful for Kelly's dad. He drove Mrs. Melanie here and back several times. He provided us with a wonderful lunch for Kelly's birthday - including the grocery store trip! He cared for Sadie while we were in the hospital & brought us things we needed as we needed them. He really did a hole lot more than we could ever express here.
- I'm thankful for my daddy. He has stopped by almost every day since my surgery. He has provided us with yummy breakfasts, lunches and "happies" every now and then. He has come over to play wii air sports (dog fighting) with me. :) and he's just been good company. He has been "on call" and hasn't missed a call. Everything we have asked, he has done without hesitation and with a smile on his face - even if it is just to play the wii :). He has made more trips to the store than he probably normally does, maybe and he even helped me birthday shop for Kelly!
- I'm thankful for my Aunt Joyce (my mom's sister) who came to stay with me, even thru the diagnosis of my grandmother's breast cancer. She took wonderful care of me and it was a little bitter sweet, because she takes care of me like my mom would. She did a lot of the same things that my mom would do, cook, or say. It really made me feel good to have her here. It was like the second best thing to having my mom here. We played games, which I love and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her.
We are so thankful for everyone!!! For all of your prayers, which is the BIGGEST deal to us. We could not have made it this far without God, our Father, who walks beside us every moment of every day.
Comments