Skip to main content

Thanks for your prayers...

This is what it's about... God has given us the means to communicate to so many just through blogging. What a wonderful way to communicate the needs others currently have. Some may find this impersonal, but there are only so many hours in a day to relay information and I feel that the information can best be relayed by talking to the person that is going through the situation. A lot of times information gets misconstrued when you go by hear-say. So let's "hear" what Amy has to "say". :)

I want to thank everyone who is praying for me. I really do feel a sense of "calm" over me. I know that God has total control of my situation. I believe that He is working on my relationship with Him always. I fully believe that God is using these earthly physicians to do His work, as He is the one, Great Physician. I have seen Him work on me before, and now He's back for more. (sorry I had to make the rhyme)

The emotions I have been going through are pretty intense. A lot has gone on this week and I'm thankful that God gives us Saturdays and Sundays. This week, I attended the first funeral since my mothers passing for a dear friends mother, the long testing procedures are finally done (for now), and I continue to wrap up my last few weeks as a teacher at Magnolia. I see God working everyday. He is constantly reminding me that He is right beside me and I need to trust Him and lean on Him and only Him for strength and guidance.

Please continue to pray for Kelly as he learns how to deal with me! Just as we hit 3 years of marriage, we start a whole new ballgame. He is a trooper and we have already been through a lot in the 4 years that we have known each other. Pray that I will have peace and understanding as he learns to deal with me and support me. He really is doing a good job. Pray for me as I have so many mixed emotions about going through this again without my mom. She was such a blessing to me and I had no idea the extent that she went for me.

For those who are wondering about the video posting. We are trying to sell our house, but we aren't pushing it very hard. (we are a little preoccupied right now). We'd love to have a little more space as we were planning to grow our family soon, but that will be on hold for a while, so the need isn't crucial by any means. We do love our house and our neighborhood.

Again, Thanks for all your prayers and words of encouragement. My surgery will be August 11 and I will be in the hospital for at least 4 days.

God's timing is perfect timing, and we will trust him in all things.

The Dotson's


Comments

Maggie said…
Please know we are praying for you. I know this is so tough when all you'd love to do is crawl into your mom 's lap all bawl your eye's out (no offense to Kelly, Kelly, your lap is just as comforting, but there's just something about a mom...) Amy, Brad and I are praying for you...any time y'all need anything, let us know. We love y'all.
Sonjamc said…
Amy,
I remember when you had your previous surgery. Your Mom and I talked about it and she shared alot of what you were going through with me. She was so worried about you! Just know that she is still here with you in spirit. And that your many friends and family members will be thinking of you and praying for you. And, as you said, "God's timing is perfect."
Love,
Sonja

Popular posts from this blog

Post Surgery Update- 2 weeks

Hello!!! I have wanted to update the blog, but I haven't had the energy. It's been much easier to let Kelly send updates via e-mail and for me to make quick updates on Facebook, and then sleep for 3 or 4 hours. For those who aren't up to date, click here , for an overview of how this all began. For those of you who know how it all began, click here , for an update on why I had the surgery a second time. I recommend reading these 2 post before reading anymore, or else you might be a bit confused!!! A s f o r t h e s u r g e r y , i t w e n t w e l l . T h e t u m o r w a s l a r g e r t h a n e x p e c t e d a n d b o n e h a d b e g u n t o g r o w i n s i d e m y s p i n e . T h e y h a d t o c u t t h a t b o n e o u t, s o t h e s u r g e r y lasted close to 6 hours. The difference in the tumor from last time is that this time, the tumor was smaller, but in a more critical area. When he showed us the MRI, the way the tumor was positione...

A Week of Injections... and Frustrations

My IVF nurse called Monday to let me know that I needed to start my Lupron injection. So I had the joy of giving myself my very first injection. It wasn't bad at all. I didn't even feel the needle. I was so nervous, I watched multiple videos, read blogs and so did Kelly - as he is "the back up plan" - if for some reason I couldn't do it. Well... there we were standing in the kitchen with everything sterilized and ready. I grabbed the fat on my thigh and Kelly says, "Oh! My Dad and the boys are here" (they were bringing me banana pudding) so I said, "it's now or never" and I did it without flinching! I was so excited to have done that and it be no big deal... until about 20 minutes later when I began to vomit. So began a pretty long night. I already had a lot of pain from the surgery and then vomiting did not make it any more comfortable. I wasn't able to eat anything but crackers for dinner (not a bad thing for my diet!) The rest of ...

2008 Chickfila Bowl

It was the best of times.... It was the worst of times.... LSU did not have particularly have the best of seasons ( the worst of times ), but we had the opportunity to watch LSU play in the Chickfila Bowl ( best of times ). It was a good game. The End. Oh yeah, here are some pics from the best of times :) enjoy. Other than the Chickfila Bowl, we were able to enjoy staying in Buckhead, which is a great area to visit. There was a Container Store right by our hotel, which made me VERY happy. We also went to the Jim Henson and Olympic Exhibits at The Atlanta History Center as well as the World of Coca Cola in downtown Atlanta. We enjoyed some great food at The Rock Bottom Brewery and The Cheesecake Factory. On New Year's Day, we headed to visit Ben and Kristie Hogue's "practice" bed and breakfast in Rome, GA. (history note: Rome, GA is named Rome because the town is surrounded by 7 hills just like Rome, Italy). We had a wonderful time catching up, reminiscing, and playing...