Skip to main content

A 3 for 1 Special

well, not really since I will have to pay for all 3 individual procedures. 

I am having a tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy and Sinus Surgery on Friday, October 24. I have had a vicious cycle of allergy and sinus problems that occur almost monthly. My internist ran a CT scan a few months ago and realized that my sinuses were blocked - they tried meds and she finally referred me to Dr. Scott Harrison (who did Kelly's emergency surgery 3 years ago) He took one look at me, looked over the CT scan and said you'll need all three and we can either split them up or do them all at once... I feel that having all three surgeries at once is logical for me. I wanted to wait until Thanksgiving, but we need to do it while I'm "well" and not risk me being sick. 
Please pray that I stay healthy so that I can go ahead and get this over with!!! We are hoping that this is going to help with my migraines as well. They really don't know how long my sinuses have been blocked! Pray for Kelly as well... He will have to take the day off of work which means 8 hours of less pay which really does affect us right now - as it would anyone...

I decided to take a before picture of my tonsils, kind of gross, but will be fun to compare (that's the years of anatomy & physiology coming out in me.... )



Kelly was jealous, so here's an after picture of his tonsil-adenoid-uvula-less self

The first try 

Kelly's mouth without all the stuff

Sidenote: I'm considering a career in oral cavity photography.



Comments

Rob and Bethany said…
these pics are so funny! I hope you are feeling well. Tim told our sunday school class about your surgery, so we have been praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Post Surgery Update- 2 weeks

Hello!!! I have wanted to update the blog, but I haven't had the energy. It's been much easier to let Kelly send updates via e-mail and for me to make quick updates on Facebook, and then sleep for 3 or 4 hours. For those who aren't up to date, click here , for an overview of how this all began. For those of you who know how it all began, click here , for an update on why I had the surgery a second time. I recommend reading these 2 post before reading anymore, or else you might be a bit confused!!! A s f o r t h e s u r g e r y , i t w e n t w e l l . T h e t u m o r w a s l a r g e r t h a n e x p e c t e d a n d b o n e h a d b e g u n t o g r o w i n s i d e m y s p i n e . T h e y h a d t o c u t t h a t b o n e o u t, s o t h e s u r g e r y lasted close to 6 hours. The difference in the tumor from last time is that this time, the tumor was smaller, but in a more critical area. When he showed us the MRI, the way the tumor was positione...

A Week of Injections... and Frustrations

My IVF nurse called Monday to let me know that I needed to start my Lupron injection. So I had the joy of giving myself my very first injection. It wasn't bad at all. I didn't even feel the needle. I was so nervous, I watched multiple videos, read blogs and so did Kelly - as he is "the back up plan" - if for some reason I couldn't do it. Well... there we were standing in the kitchen with everything sterilized and ready. I grabbed the fat on my thigh and Kelly says, "Oh! My Dad and the boys are here" (they were bringing me banana pudding) so I said, "it's now or never" and I did it without flinching! I was so excited to have done that and it be no big deal... until about 20 minutes later when I began to vomit. So began a pretty long night. I already had a lot of pain from the surgery and then vomiting did not make it any more comfortable. I wasn't able to eat anything but crackers for dinner (not a bad thing for my diet!) The rest of ...

2008 Chickfila Bowl

It was the best of times.... It was the worst of times.... LSU did not have particularly have the best of seasons ( the worst of times ), but we had the opportunity to watch LSU play in the Chickfila Bowl ( best of times ). It was a good game. The End. Oh yeah, here are some pics from the best of times :) enjoy. Other than the Chickfila Bowl, we were able to enjoy staying in Buckhead, which is a great area to visit. There was a Container Store right by our hotel, which made me VERY happy. We also went to the Jim Henson and Olympic Exhibits at The Atlanta History Center as well as the World of Coca Cola in downtown Atlanta. We enjoyed some great food at The Rock Bottom Brewery and The Cheesecake Factory. On New Year's Day, we headed to visit Ben and Kristie Hogue's "practice" bed and breakfast in Rome, GA. (history note: Rome, GA is named Rome because the town is surrounded by 7 hills just like Rome, Italy). We had a wonderful time catching up, reminiscing, and playing...