WOW - the most amazing thing just happened.
We owed a local hospital $6200, from when kelly had his emergency surgery to remove his tonsils and uvula. This was due to the horrible insurance that Mega Life sold Kelly through RTS (the seminary). Kelly was paying the same amount for 6 months of coverage as I was and his plan was 20/80 and mine was 80/20. Basically he was screwed. We fought with the insurance company, filed and refiled until they finally said. that's it. So we owed 6200 (of almost 9000).
We heard that some hospitals have scholarships or "financial assistance" available. So I called this hospital and she said that it could pay anywhere from nothing to 100% of our bill. So i said bring on the paperwork.
So we filled it out and sent it in and began to pray for this situation.
Today, curious me, I called the hospital to see what the status of Kelly's account was. The lady said "oh your financial assistance was approved and you have zero balance" I could have slapped a pony silly. I said "excu wha, i mean okay wait, what does that mean?" she said "you owe no one nothing" (i though to myself - double negative) "ARE YOU SERIOUS? ARE YOU SURE?" she said "YES Ma'am.... i'm sure!!! you were approved. you have zero balance" I said "THIS IS BETTER THAN WINNING THE LOTTERY!!!!" SERIOUSLY! she was amazed at my ability to think we had won the lottery!!!
That truly is the feeling I had. It is AMAZING what God did just for us. I am so humbled by His generousity. We are so undeserving of this. This is truly another guesture of how much God loves us and we do soooo little for Him in return of His GREAT love for us!
I am in AWE. I cried and screamed and jumped up and down to the point where my piano strings were echoing and the dogs started barking. I am SO relieved. Kelly is so releived. I called him to tell him - he just couldn't stop laughing. We are so undeserving. I love God so much. The first thing I thought to myself was, we have prayed and others have prayed about this and God is just SO good. He has chosen to answer our prayer in love. How awesome is that?
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
Grace and Peace,
Amy
We owed a local hospital $6200, from when kelly had his emergency surgery to remove his tonsils and uvula. This was due to the horrible insurance that Mega Life sold Kelly through RTS (the seminary). Kelly was paying the same amount for 6 months of coverage as I was and his plan was 20/80 and mine was 80/20. Basically he was screwed. We fought with the insurance company, filed and refiled until they finally said. that's it. So we owed 6200 (of almost 9000).
We heard that some hospitals have scholarships or "financial assistance" available. So I called this hospital and she said that it could pay anywhere from nothing to 100% of our bill. So i said bring on the paperwork.
So we filled it out and sent it in and began to pray for this situation.
Today, curious me, I called the hospital to see what the status of Kelly's account was. The lady said "oh your financial assistance was approved and you have zero balance" I could have slapped a pony silly. I said "excu wha, i mean okay wait, what does that mean?" she said "you owe no one nothing" (i though to myself - double negative) "ARE YOU SERIOUS? ARE YOU SURE?" she said "YES Ma'am.... i'm sure!!! you were approved. you have zero balance" I said "THIS IS BETTER THAN WINNING THE LOTTERY!!!!" SERIOUSLY! she was amazed at my ability to think we had won the lottery!!!
That truly is the feeling I had. It is AMAZING what God did just for us. I am so humbled by His generousity. We are so undeserving of this. This is truly another guesture of how much God loves us and we do soooo little for Him in return of His GREAT love for us!
I am in AWE. I cried and screamed and jumped up and down to the point where my piano strings were echoing and the dogs started barking. I am SO relieved. Kelly is so releived. I called him to tell him - he just couldn't stop laughing. We are so undeserving. I love God so much. The first thing I thought to myself was, we have prayed and others have prayed about this and God is just SO good. He has chosen to answer our prayer in love. How awesome is that?
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
Grace and Peace,
Amy
Comments